California Los Angeles Mission

1591 E. Temple Way

Los Angeles, CA 90024-5801


Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Downey

Downey has a population of 111,772 and we cover Downey, Norwalk and Paramount. The area has a lot of good things to it. It is different from Redondo Beach but I like it.

I am a little excited about driving a car again but the down side is I am not going to be getting the exercise as I use to on a bike… but I still like the car.

We work from member referrals and our wards are good about getting those for us. When we are not teaching investigators we are working with less active members of the wards.

The 2 wards we work with are good. I like them. It’s hard because we have to go to one and then right after sacrament we go to the other one. The Samoan ward speaks Samoan in sacrament meeting then it’s English. When the members from the Samoan ward feed us usually its food they drop off to us at the church because some of them live out of the mission but it’s good. Sometimes I can’t really tell what it is, but it’s good.

Elder Loli and I are working hard and anticipate a few baptisms on the 28th of this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment